On my recent trip to Siquijor, I stayed at the Good Vibes Inn. Located along the coast of San Juan, this four (4) room inn offers basic amenities at a budget friendly price. At Php1,000 per night, you get a non airconditioned room, a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. The room is good for two persons only but you can request a foam mattress to accommodate one more person for Php 100 per night.
This no frills inn is ideal for budget travelers and backpackers looking for comfortable and very clean lodgings that doesn’t create a big hole in the pocket. Having said that, here are 5 reasons why I like staying at this place :
1. The rooms have a small veranda facing the beach. When I wake up in the morning, I can literally see the beach from my bed. I also love sleeping at night with the glass doors wide open as the sea breeze cools the room. Surprisingly, there are no mosquitos.
2. It is very near to two popular “carenderias” known for its grilled food and shakes. After going around Siquijor the whole day, I don’t have to go far to have dinner. It is just a few meters walk from Good Vibes. The crowd is very international and it’s great to hangout on early evenings, have a drink and meet people. No loud music here, no parties.
|Dalahikan Grill Masters|
3. I don’t have to go far to enjoy the beach. The beach is my backyard. I am an early riser and I love taking walks, take photos of the beach scene.
4. Sunsets are gorgeous and I can enjoy it right in the comfort of my bed. I spend the whole day exploring beaches and tourist attractions that by late afternoon I am too tired to chase sunsets. So I just stay in my room, open the glass doors and voila, I get to watch the sunset.
5. The owner, a Swedish guy married to a local, is friendly and very helpful. Making bookings with him is fast and easy. Helped us arrange transportation so we can go around the island.
If you are planning to visit Siquijor and you are looking for budget friendly accommodation consider Good Vibes Inn. You can book a room through their facebook account Good Vibes Inn . Just make sure you book a month in advance.
, by Iliganon Ko